Thursday, January 31, 2008

What A Ride!!!!!

I want to clue you guys in on a radical, and yes I mean a complete radical...One who I have often times referred to as I am walking in my journey as a youth pastor. One who does not have it all together, whose life is a mess, and who is continuing to learn about Jesus, and how to walk with Him... This guys name is Mike Yaconelli, and he passed away a few years back after he gave this message at a youth conference. If you will please watch all of this, and then leave me a comment on what you thought!! I know, mom, you may have to wait to watch this til you are at my house, but I encourage you to remind me to watch it!!!! Man this guy is amazing, I have been presently studying his book called MESSY SPIRITUALITY, and classify it as a must read !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So watch the video, and then I will come back to the blog afterwards...Mike died in a car accident.



What is so neat about this video, is the fact that he truly knows where He was called in life, and the fact that he would push the envelope is just evidence of who he is in Christ. You may not agree with his terminology of some things, but he is real. You may not agree with his methods, but he is real. You may not agree with the way that he looks, and really he does not care. What he cares about is God!! What he cares about is being there for the teens. What I have learned from this, is my office can be here at the church, but that does not mean that I have to hunker down there and plan all day, it means I need to be out seeing my teens regularly, showing up at their schools at their sporting events, going to mickey d's with them, and doing life with them. At this current time, we have some teens in our youth group, that not too many churches would want in their church, ones who possibly do not believe in God, ones who claim that they really do not think that much of Jesus....But man I am glad our church is the way it is when it comes to these things, and in all honesty if it was not, then I would have to get grounded every week by allowing them to come,lol....Right now I am so encouraged by Mike, and by God, that I am where I need to be, and teens, we need to focus on each other, and focus on being Jesus, although unlike Jesus, we will never get it all right......you may be a mess, but Jesus loves you right where you are at, and as I read a christian shirt..... He loves the hell right out of you!!!!!!!!!!!!! Amazing sentence, and realization that because of Jesus' love,we who believe in Him and live with Him, will never have to experience that !!!! Our job, to clue people in on God's love for them......man what a ride!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please do not view the video as someone being a rebel, but someone being who God has created him to be, and who we all need to be!!!!

Until Tomorrow....or maybe later tonight
Tug

2 comments:

Gabe Taviano said...

Reminds me quite a bit of you Tug! You ride life like nobody else. Your kids don't just get in the van to get to the concert, they're glad to be with you. Some people have to try so hard (definitely me) to let it all hang out - not you! Happiness is infectious.

janelle said...

I am glad that GOD put this video in your presence to AFFIRM - you are RIGHT where YOU are suppose to be..and the only "acceptance" you need is HIS..I wish you would of got to sit down with him....what a mirror !
janelle